C.T. Blakeslee (1810-1878) was born in NY and moved with his family to Geauga County. He came to Chagrin Falls with his wife Emily in 1838. He passed the Ohio Bar in 1840 becoming one of the first attorneys in the village. Prior to the formation of Chagrin Falls Township, he served as clerk of Orange Township.
C.T. was active in business in the village. He joined with Noah Graves and others to incorporate the Chagrin Falls and Cleveland Plank Road Company in1848 in an effort to improve transportation to Cleveland. He also owned a mill on the Chagrin River at the site of Quarry Park on Solon Road.
He was active in the Republican Party in Cuyahoga County and was elected to the Ohio Legislature in 1860. He is best known today for his History of Chagrin Falls and Vicinity which was published in weekly installments in The Exponent in 1874.