Justus H. Vincent (1799 –1861) was born in Herkimer, NY. He graduated from the College of Physicians and Surgeons in Herkimer County in 1829. He moved with his wife Lucinda Overton, first to Bainbridge Township in 1835 and then to Chagrin Falls where he was the first physician in the village. His daughter Almeda was the first school teacher in the village.
Vincent was an active member of the community. He was an incorporator of the Asbury Seminary and the Chagrin Falls Manufacturing Co. in 1839, and of the Champion Library in 1844. He was also active in politics, serving on the Cuyahoga County Republican Central Committee and as a member of the Ohio Legislature in 1840.
As a member of the Legislature Vincent introduced a bill to unite the village, which crossed county lines, into one county by annexing 900 acres in Russell Township to Orange Township. Vincent moved to Noble County, Indiana in 1860.